What to Expect?
You have had a loss and don’t want to go through insurance. While it is very similar, here is what you can expect through each stage:
What does this mean?
- Water Loss – typically a 4-7 day process.
- The project manager attends to take moisture readings on building materials and determines what your expectation as the client is.
- Remove any wet building materials that prevent Halcyon from achieving the dry standard or are a safety hazard.
- Install drying equipment – which runs for approximately 3-5 days but can always require more time. The main goal is to dry in place, and yes, almost everything can be dried in place with the right technique and equipment.
- Listing of any damaged content (if applicable).
- Fire Loss – typically a 5-7 day process.
- Secure the dwelling – this can include a board up of windows, doors, and/or open areas of the dwelling.
- Cleaning / Demolition of interior finishes – depending on the severity of the loss, either cleaning or demolition will take place.
- Content listing and cleaning – crews will attend, list, photograph and pack out any content. Items that we believe will respond to cleaning will be brought back to the warehouse where we will attempt to restore the item.
- Break and Enter Loss & Wind – typically a 1-5 day process.
- Securing the dwelling – this can include a board up of windows, doors, and/or open areas of the dwelling.
What does this mean?
- Rebuild Estimate – is written by the project manager and submitted to the insurance company typically within 10 days. Repair estimate includes all items to put your dwelling back to a pre-loss condition.
- Additional Work – looking to add another room or upgrade your flooring? Be sure to let your project manager know and they will be happy to quote any additional work. The sooner the better, as it helps with our planning and scheduling.
- Repairs – you as the client have two options:
- Repairs can be completed by Halcyon – kindly let us know if this is the case so we can proceed accordingly.
- Repairs can be completed by your own contractor – kindly let us know if this is the case so we can proceed accordingly.