What does this Mean?
Typically a 4-7 day process.
- The project manager attends to take moisture readings on building materials and writes an initial loss report which indicates the cause of loss, levels affected, and our recommendation. This report is then uploaded to your insurance company where they determine coverage. *Note: Halcyon Property Specialists does not have access to your policy nor do they determine if coverage is applicable.
- Remove any wet building materials that prevent Halcyon from achieving the dry standard – this could include only ½ of a flooring surface. The remaining unaffected will be removed in the rebuild.
- Install drying equipment – which runs for approximately 3-5 days but can always require more time. The main goal is to dry in place, and yes, almost everything can be dried in place with the right technique and equipment.
- Listing of any damaged content (if applicable).
Typically a 5-7 day process.
- Secure the dwelling – this can include a board up of windows, doors, and/or open areas of the dwelling.
- Cleaning / Demolition of interior finishes – depending on the severity of the loss either cleaning or demolition will take place.
- Content listing and cleaning – crews will attend, list, photograph and pack out any content. Items that we believe will respond to cleaning will be brought back to the warehouse where we attempt to restore the item.
Break and Enter Loss & Wind
Typically a 1-5 day process.
- Securing the dwelling – this can include a board up of windows, doors, and/or open areas of the dwelling.
- Contents – the insured provides a list to the insurance company of any items that have been stolen.